Artist: Ramon Bachs (former), Marcus To (current)
Editor: Mike Marts
Secret Identities: Dick Grayson (Kingdom Come), Jason Todd (former), Ulysses Armstrong (former), Tim Drake-Wayne (current)
Ongoing series: Red Robin
During the "Search For A Hero" arc, Tim Drake is burned by an explosion. To protect his head while it heals, he uses the Red Robin costume he found in the garbage. After the supposed death of Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson told Tim that the role of Robin was for Batman's student, and he considered Tim an equal. Tim believes Bruce Wayne is alive while the rest of the Bat family believe him to be dead. Tim takes on the role of Red Robin full time so he can "cross lines that Robin couldn't." He goes on a world wide trip to find evidence that Bruce is simply lost in time. Ras al Ghul also believes Bruce to be alive and teams Tim up with the League Of Assassins before Tim defeats him. Tim finds a cave that Bruce had been using as his "lost in time" Batcave and returns to Gotham to share the news. He's now fighting crime in Gotham alongside Batman & Robin while helping the JLA prepare for the return of Bruce Wayne.
Why you should be reading:
- Chris Yost took Tim to a level never seen before in comics.
- It ties into Batman and the Vicki Vale story.
- Fabian Nicieza is the best writer of Tim Drake. Ever.
- Tim Drake is the star of this book.
- It's Tim Drake's turn at becoming his own "Nightwing."
- Tim's a non powered hero fighting street level crime in the worst city in the world.
- It's one of the few takes on Gotham not written by Grant Morrison.
- It establishes Tim Drake as his own character... With his own rogue's gallery.
- Because Anarky is much more interesting than the Joker.
- Watching Tim Drake defeat Ras al Ghul is plain bad ass!
- It's not written by Grant Morrison.
- Fabian Nicieza is a love him or hate him type of writer also.
- You don't like Tim Drake.
Until next time, I'm ComicBookGuyMark87.